History

image

A small group of individuals with hopes of starting a new church first met in the Heavners School building just below the present site of the now-existing church. It was located in what is now the expanded church cemetery. The first actual church building was built in 1915 and was named Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church by that fledgling group. By the late 1920’s, attendance stood at 20 to 30, and the offering rarely totaled more than five dollars.
 
From that beginning several generations ago, Pleasant Ridge Baptist has grown to become a church family which has maintained a strong witness in the community, with over 350 people in weekly worship services, and includes members from every corner of Burke County. Today God is at work at Pleasant Ridge — and we hope that you will join us as we watch the plans He has for us unfold in the next pages of our history, as we go about “Making Disciples To Impact Burke County — And The World!”